ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday practice (UNLV week)

RubenMeza

Aztec God
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2012
New:

Trey Lomax had his pinky taped but practiced.

Ron Smith had his calf wrapped but practiced. He probably just has a stiff calf.

Updates:

Parker Baldwin (knee, cloth wrap on right knee) was fully dressed but remained limited during practice. Like yesterday he was shadowing the defense again during team periods.

OC Keith Ismael strecthed on the sidelines during warmups again with OL Antonio Rosales and Douglas Tucker.

Ismael looked pretty good to me during individual drills - including the QB-center exchanges segmemt - but had his right foot (ankle) heavily wrapped. Also, when Ismael jogged to different spots on the field his limp was noticeable.

I'm guessing that the staff expects Antonio Rosales to play Saturday because Dom Gudino was the first team center and Nick Gerhard was the backup center.

Remember, Gerhard is the short snapper on the field goal team team so he's a pretty consistent snapper with a big body.

Extras:

Because SDSU loss this weekend, they switched up the routine for their practice periods today. I was only allowed to watch about 10 minutes of practice so I caught a short glimpse of the change at the very end, which was OL-DL one on ones and 7v7s at the same time. Normally they hage gone with technique drills during that portion of practices.

Anyway, like always, Fred Trevillion and Tim Wilson stood out. Ethan Dedeaux also looks like a future playmaker in the offense.

On the OL-DL, it was obvious that Noble Hall continues to be the most effective lineman. He destroyed Ryan Pope during his reps.

Walkon Damon Moore definitely deserves his playing time at nose tackle and he does well despite having much weight on him.

I should also point out that LT Kyle Spalding continues to look like a potential starter. He has improved so much since fall camp.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News