ADVERTISEMENT

The thrill of Aztecs of old has been rekindled

1mojo

Infantry
Gold Member
Sep 9, 2012
This thread is intended for you old timers who experienced the excitement of the Coryell era back in the 60s to early 70s.

The excitement of bursting on to the small college championship stage, The win over North Dakota State, the excitement of air Coryell,those football balls flying through the air, North Dakota State had never seen anything like that!
Those were thrilling times!

well, I'm feeling a déjà vu, all over again, moment! The parallels are that we are on the edge of bursting on to the big college stage in terms of getting recognition. The difference is we are doing it in an old school way by playing hard nose, running it down your throat type of football rather than the cutting edge aerial attack.

I get the sense that the mentality that Rocky has implanted in this team will not allow it to lose one of those games they should have won this season. Just a gut feeling.

If it's possible to run the table, and get into that bowl game around New Year's day, we could be in for another thrill ride. With the talent and depth we have now coupled to improved recruiting that comes from success, this could be something we can sustain.

That's kind of what I'm sensing right now, how about you?

Reactions: lorenwallace
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News