ADVERTISEMENT

Skylar Spencer or Angelo Chol?

charles619

Aztec God
Apr 10, 2013
Just curious to see how others feel in here about perhaps starting Angelo Chol over Skylar Spencer to start the game. I'm a HUGE fan of both players, I think at this point in the season both players will be splitting minutes equally (or close to it) from here on out. The minutes played by both players since the start of conference play indicates this will be the case. I think by starting Angelo Chol to begin the game gives us the best chance to score early and not have to fight back from awful offensive play at the start of the game. With more points being scored by the first unit there would be less pressure on the second unit to try and make up some ground, I think Skylar would fit perfectly into that role coming off the bench. He would be needed more on the defensive end to help protect leads instead of trying to create leads to start the game (which hasn't worked at all so far this season).

I understand that not all of the scoring woes to start the game are all Skylar's fault, but I think that Angelo Chol's 60% FGP will benefit the team more to start the game than Skylar's 49%. Coach Fisher and staff have proven that they will make adjustments in the starting rotation to help boost our offense to start games, I think they might (if they haven't already) consider making this switch sooner rather than later.

*Disclaimer* This is just a hypothetical question, by no means am I being over critical of Skylar, I still think he's a very much needed presence in the paint. I'm just wondering if anyone else might agree with my train of thought, of course I welcome those that differ with my opinion and would like to hear from you as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News