ADVERTISEMENT

SDSU Ranking

jagle

Infantry
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2011
Nevada City, CA
For all of us who wonder whether an SDSU education is on par with the P5 schools ...

I received an SDSU alumni newsletter this morning, and was surprised to learn that over 83,000 applications were received in the last reporting year. I believe that places us right at the very top of the heap among public universities. Last I heard, we trailed only UCLA in the % of applications rejected ... which I suppose is a back-handed compliment of sorts.

* We're now up to #79 in the US News and World Report ranking of public universities. If we were a recruit, that's probably 3.5 stars.

* Of the universities that might be considered for inclusion in the next round of P5 expansions, only U of Cincinnati (#71) is ahead of us.

* We're behind many of the biggest names in college sports, but we're ahead of schools like West Virginia (B12), Louisville (ACC) and Maryland (B10).

Not sport-related, but for what it's worth ...

* The top 5 were Cal, UCLA, Virginia, Michigan and North Carolina.

* All of the UC campuses are in the top 60, and UCSB and UCI joined Cal and UCLA in the top 10.

I believe strongly that there is great synergy and direct correlation between the success of our high-profile sport programs and the over-all prestige of our university.

As I've posted previously (I'm sort of a broken record on this point), we'll be sharing in the wealth of the Power Conferences within 5 years. Either one of the conferences will pull us up, or we'll be part of a new Power Conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News