ADVERTISEMENT

MWC Midway Through The MBB OOC Schedule

charles619

Aztec God
Apr 10, 2013
Aztecs were predicted to clinch this conference but already has a bad loss on the resume. Who knows maybe Arkansas-Little Rock wins their conference undefeated and ranked? <<<LOL Boise State has been disappointing thus far, and Coach Rice (the Las Vegas one) has turned over a new leaf and is actually winning against really good teams. UNLV has only one loss, it came in a game (vs UCLA) that was decided only by a couple of points, and even though UCLA did lose to powerhouse Monmouth, they did end up pounding #1 Kentucky good.

I'm going to say that UNLV at this point in the season (according to my world famous power rankings) is the clear leader of the conference so far. SDSU has a strong grip on #2 with New Mexico, Fresno State, Boise State and CSU all hanging on our ankles vying for that cherished #3 spot in my world renowned 5 star power rankings ;)

All kidding aside, only SDSU and UNLV have very tough OOC schedules this year. Boise State has lost all its marquee match-ups and only has Oregon left on the schedule to get a really good resume win (don't know if Oregon will still be ranked by the time these two play but still would be a good win). CSU lost both games against the only two decent teams its played against so far, they can make a strong push up the charts if they can win out their OOC schedule and beat both Colorado and K-State.

My ultra early predictions for the conference regular season championship has the Runnin' Rebels winning it. I would like to think that SDSU could squeak out a win for the conference tournament championship, but if Dave Rice doesn't lay an egg and has his team playing up to potential at that point, they can actually benefit (for once) from their home court advantage in that tournament.

What say you? Any dark horses out there that could surprise and topple UNLV and SDSU from the top spots? Which team starts to gel at the right time and upsets everyone in the conference tournament a la Wyoming last season?

Reactions: jeffinsd
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News