ADVERTISEMENT

More on Desean Holmes....

RubenMeza

Aztec God
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2012
Rocky Long said on Monday that the staff found out Desean Holmes was gone when they checked his dorm room after he didn't show up to a morning lifting session. He made it pretty clear that the staff did not know Holmes was gone/leaving and now Rocky doesn't plan to deal with him anymore.

Understandably, this has led some people in the public to be disappointed that Rocky has given up on the kid (especially when you consider his past). On the other hand, Holmes' decision to leave without informing the staff has also been heavily criticized.

Today I was contacted by Holmes' foster mother, who said that Holmes actually did tell a member of the staff that he was leaving. She said she's disappointed that Rocky is slandering him.

"[They] know exactly why he left. Desean checked out of admissions, housing and [the] financial office. He didn't just leave."

His foster mother also said that her husband spoke with a member of the staff for over an hour about it (although she hasn't responded as to when exactly this conversation happened).

"Desean wanted to leave and cause no problems but they don't need to talk bad about him. Let's just keep it simple, it was not what [Desean] expected. It's that simple, he will not bad talk the school."

If what she is saying here is true, the big question here is why Rocky would make up the, and I'm paraphrasing, "we went to his dorm room and, to our surprise, he wasn't there" story up. Why not just tell us Desean let a staff member know that he was leaving and then checked out? Was this to prevent the SDSU football program looking 'not good enough' for a high caliber recruit after one week of school? I really don't know why a made up story like that would be necessary. But I plan to ask him about it after practice today.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News