ADVERTISEMENT

Fball recruiting tidbits

RubenMeza

Aztec God
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2012
-Salesian DL Kevin Scott will for sure visit San Diego State on Jan. 23. There are five more schools in the mix to have him in for officials on Jan. 16 and the last weekend before signing day.

New Mexico, UNLV and UTEP all want to get him in on Jan. 16. Kansas State and Fresno St. are trying to get him on Jan. 30. Whoever shows the most interest out of those programs will get him for a visit. I think SDSU is his leader, but there are some test score concerns. There may be a Rashaad Penny type situation where he'll need to improve his scores/grades before enrolling at San Diego State if it ends up being his pick.

-Oceanside OL Christian Cronk is still a soft commit to Hawai'i, but it's unlikely he'll end up there. San Diego State is on the bubble of whether or not he's worth taking, but they may be his leader as of now too. It's a fluid situation. It's worth noting that Cronk plans to officially visit Utah St. for now. Still unsure about others.

-One of the best players I've seen on the 7-on-7 high school circuit, former four star QB Troy Williams, is transferring from Washington. He'd easily be a guy SDSU would take if he didn't have to sit out a year, so he's spending the 2015 season at a Junior College to put together some more film and enroll at a Div. I school next winter. I'm sure the staff will try to get in touch with him now either way though.

-Just in case people are wondering what will happen if Jeff Horton doesn't get the OC position and decides to coach elsewhere, SDSU's class should remain in top shape no matter what. Juwan Washington, one of the most exciting prospects in this class, is all SDSU, for example.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News