ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday practice/scrimmage tidbits

RubenMeza

Aztec God
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2012
I was going to post this in the morning but since the depth chart will be out I wanted to give tou guys a heads up:

-I will be shocked if Ryan Agnew isn't the backuo QB on the depth chart after tonight. He wasn't spectacular or anything (other than a few good scrambles on rollouts and a nice touch pass that was slighty underthrown but enough for Fred Trevillion to run away for a TD on a post route) but Chris Laviano played like a clipboard carrier. He forced a throw toward a well covered Darryl Richardson down the sideline and Tariq Thompson did a great job boxing out the bigger Richardson to make a clean interception. Later on Laviano chucked a pass deep down the seam, 10 yards ahead if his intended target. Darren Hall intercepted that one too. It was just another example of his poor deep ball accuracy that I always bring uo when people rave about his arm strength.

A lot of the veterans didnt play so Chase Jasmin and Tyler Wormhoudt had most of the carries. I thought both had some of their better performances of camp, especially Jasmin's show of shiftiness, but Jasmin exited the game early with a left knee issue. It didn't look too serious but ill update you tomorrow.

Trey Lomax will start at warrior but he'll still ve the No. 2 Aztec in front of Dwayne Johnson and Will Stricklin.

Prediction: Do not be shocked if Tariq Thompson is listed as a starting warrior safety over soph safety Trenton Thompson. Tariq is picking everything up fast and he had another good showing.

John Baron II went a perfect 4/4 on FG attempts.

-Andrew Aleki can be inconsistent at times but if he could get some experience with lots of snaps vs. UC Davis he could have big production as a frish.

-I thought Mikah Holder, Kyavah Tezino and Tim Wilson were also standouts.

Reactions: rob212
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News