ADVERTISEMENT

Quick notes after day 2

RubenMeza

Aztec God
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2012
Take a deep breath, no new injuries.

Mikah Holder and Trenton Thompson did sit out again though.

It's also worth noting that seeing David Wells walk/limp on the field doesn't really give me the impression that he will get cleared to practice next week, as Rocky said. I'm not saying Rocky was intentionally downplaying the foot injury but it's probably a little more serious then he may have led on. I can see him sitting out the UC Davis game even since SDSU is such a big favorite.

That said Darryl Richardson has been sharp and i fully expect Parker Houston to kill it this year. He's a very tough cover.

Since it was asked, I jotted down some of the kick returners that I saw out there:

Juwan Washington, Chax Collins
Rashaad Penny, Chance Bell
Ethan Dedeaux, Kyre Richardson

There was a small rumble today, the first of camp, after Quest Truxton ran a route down field and got his jersey tugged on by DB Jerry Chaney. Truxton gave up on the ball and very kindly asked Chaney - and I'm paraphrasing - to stop holding him. A shoving match started and ended with Truxton's helmet getting tossed to the ground. Things cooled down and practice went on.

It's worth mentioning since Truxton getting held is probably an ongoing thing. It sort of speaks to how dangerous he has been as a wide receiver this spring and now fall. The media chatted with him afterward and he did great. Came off as very motivated and competitive. He's going to be well recognized by fans by midseason.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News