ADVERTISEMENT

Notes from Weds morning

RubenMeza

Aztec God
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2012
Joe Salcedo was not at practice this morning and is having an MRI done.

Notes:

SDSU had a very light practice morning this morning for a little over an hour and it was open to the media. The main purpose of attending was just to get an update on Salcedo, which there really wasn’t one. And I don't have much info to pass on the practice. Media is allowed to attend tomorrow evening's practice so we'll get back to the norm starting then, but I would like to note, and not necessarily encourage, that you guys are probably allowed to go to any of those practices.
If inclined, you will probably be fine attending any of the fall camp practices up until a week or two before game week, because that's when game plan installation begins. I talked to Rocky about it and it's basically all open to the public even though SDSU's pr team would prefer there not be big crowds at practice. I should also note that SDSU will have a lot of scrimmaging done Saturday afternoon...just saying. (If you're interested on going I'll make sure to double check tomorrow and Friday that the staff won't lock anyone out of the grass field area), but I bet most of it will be held on the open turf practice field.

-There weren’t full pads on this morning and about half of practice was dedicated towards special teams and kick and punt return periods ran by Bobby Hauck. It was really hard to get anything based off those periods, other than that Tanner Blain looked pretty darn good pinning it and getting hang time on his midfield punts.

-The highlights of the short 7v7 work was a deep interception by Kyree Woods on an overthrown deep ball. He can really run.

-Jerry Chaney also showed off his quick twitch speed after the catch on a slant route take down the middle of the field for a long TD.

-Chase Favreau again had a bad drop on a deep cross over the middle when Chapman placed the ball a bit high and it deflected off Favreau's gloves. Walk-on DB Garrett Binkley was away from the initial play but was able to adjust and make a nice diving interception. He's another one of those productive practice walk-ons that I didn't mention in yesterday's thread.

-With Brandon Jones now out, Daniel Prieto and Casey Brown are now on the fall practice squad and got some PT during 7v7s this morning. Like I said, it was a very light practice so they actually got a handful of plays in. I believe Brown is either the son or relative of local real estate guru and former Aztec RB Casey Brown.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News