ADVERTISEMENT

Monday practice updates/injuries

RubenMeza

Aztec God
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2012
New: Starting center Keith Ismael was dressed but looked like he sat out practice today. He stretched on the sideline and not with the team for the first time this season.

Ismael had surgery on his shoulder during the summer but I don't think he reaggrevated it. Today he had a slight limp so it was probably his ankle, maybe his knee.

For comparison, Antonio Rosales (ankle) had more of a limp than Ismael. Rosales' ankle struggle looks just about where he was last week.

-LT Tyler Roemer (ankle) practiced but I could tell his get off was slower and weaker.

-With Ismael out today, it looked like Dom Gudino and Garrison Young were set to split reps at center in case Ismael isn't ready by Saturday.

Gudino has mostly been practicing at guard while Young has taken mostly second team reps at center. If anyone can transition to center, it's Gudino considering his high school background at center.

-However, let's say Rosales can't go at right guard and Ismael can't go at center this week.

Would Gudino start at RG again, or will the staff give Young his first start (remember he has only been here since the spring)?

OR will Gudino move to his natural position at center and the coaches have Nick Gerhard start at right guard for the first time? That's a new possibility developing.

-And if that's ends up being the case, SDSU's o-line would consist of:

a junior right tackle with one free hand

a sophmore getting his first start at left guard (Gerhard has played on the FG team this year)

a true freshman making his first start at center (
Gudino started at RG in place of Rosales)

a true sophmorein in Daishawn Dixon

a true redshirt freshman at left tackle with a bad ankle.

-BTW, if you've kept count, Dixon is now the last starter standing on the OL in terms of dealing with an injury this year.

-ILB Temerick Harper was back in practice and with the two-deep group. I can see him contributing.

-Aztec safety Parker Baldwin was dressed but didn't have a hekmet. His right knee was lightly wrapped so I'm guessing he was getting a rest day. Should be fine. He was shadowing the defense back behind them with Coach White/Gonzales/McGarry.

-FB Nick Bawden and Ryan Pope are still wearing clubs. Pope looked good during individual drills. So did Dominic Gudino.

Note: Still no sign of Randy Ricks at practice but I have seen him in the football building lately. Maybe doing tutoring or something?

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News