ADVERTISEMENT

DL

RubenMeza

Aztec God
Gold Member
Mar 7, 2012
Just want to point out that DL Kevin Scott and Gary Baker, two of the hottest names leading up to signing day, were recruits SDSU got a head start on before anyone else. You can't do anything about kids like these blowing up down the stretch, though.

Baker and Scott were both supposed to visit this weekend but that all fell through. Baker instead visited with Fresno St. after I heard he wasn't too big a fan of the Aztecs depth chart and playing time concerns when Osia Lewis brought it up during his in home visit last week. Danny Gonzales probably should have done the in home instead, but if a recruit is concerned about playing time this early on, it would be pointless either way. I think Coach G will still try to get in for a home visit, but I think Baker may end up at UCLA or Oregon regardless. We'll see.

Scott was seriously considering the Aztecs until Miami got in the mix, followed by UCLA and USC. There was simply not enough space on his schedule to visit SDSU. I think he'll end up at USC.

This post was edited on 1/26 12:11 PM by RubenMeza

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News