ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruits Remaining?

mketch

Aztec God
Gold Member
Nov 8, 2002
Thought I would start a recruiting thread... With 13 recruits on board, i figure we will have roughly 7 more spots left. That number could go up if any current commits were asked to greyshirt or a few guys left the program in the spring. There are always a couple guys who pop up on the recruiting radar late and are hot guys, but below is a few we already know about. Feel free to add others. Lastly, had heard Elijah Kothe broke his collar bone and will miss the remainder of the season and someone on the PPR last week said JR Justice got injured, but no clue on what or the severity.

QB (1)- Rumors of a greyshirt QB... Matt Struck? Jake Constantine? I would rather put the full court press on Oregon State commit Spencer Petras, who is huge and can make every throw. I personally would pass on QB unless Petras or someone like him were to commit.

RB (1)- Believe we have a spot for a bigger back. My preference is Greg Bell, who i think would be an impact guy next year. Chris Brown has struggled this year at El Camino and doesn't look as explosive at 215lbs. Danny Smith is having a much better senior year and appears to have more burst at 210lbs.

WR (1)- Seems we are poking around the JUCO ranks for a WR, which I think is a very good idea with the lack of underclassman at that position next year. A speed guy who can stretch the defense and return punts makes sense. Brandon Aiyuk may be one to keep an eye on. I would still save a spot for Ke'von Ahmad and his sub 10.6 speed no matter what.

TE- If Bellinger flips, then we have another spot to fill here. Demitri Washington here? He could also play stand up LB position here.

OL (1)- Seems we have one spot... Donovan Laie and Ralph Frias seem like the top guys

DL (2)- One more JC DT. Charles Cameron? Long Beach Poly's Jermayne Loyle could play end or DT here and I think he is a take no matter what. Coaches seem intrigued with Matt Lawson as well.

LB (1)- At least one more standup LB. Likely a JC guy here, but that most likely wont be Jordan Allen. Seems like he is headed to TCU.

DB- Think we are likely done here

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News