Sage Creek defeats Escondido in a Division III Lower Bracket Game

Discussion in 'Black and Read' started by dawrestling, May 24, 2017.

1. dawrestling

dawrestling Infantry
    Expand Collapse

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Escondido High School-Escondido, CA-5-24-17: In a Divison III Lower Bracket baseball contest, the 6th seed and very surprising Sage Creek Bobcats improve their record to 14-16-1 on the season scored early on the 3rd seed Cougars of Escondido at 20-8 as they scored 3 runs in the first as they sent 8 batters to the plate along with 2 runs in the second as they defeated Escondido by a 5-0 score.

Head Baseball Coach Ryan Madsen on the win: "One thing that we didn't do for a lot of times butin the second half was to work on the fundamentals in which we improved on in the second half and to move the runners on base in which they did well."

"Today we did that I am so proud of our lineup as they took the approaches and to make the pitcher work along with making the plays so we needed to improve on putting the pressure on defense and that is what we did today."

Steve Kleske did a good job on the mound and he has a lot of outings it is great to get an early lead where we had runners on second and third in the first inning that was good momentum for my pitcher did well along with our infield." "I love these guys and am proud of the way how they were playing."said Coach Madsen.

Steve Kleske was the winner for the Bobcats of Sage Creek as he pitched 7 innings gave up 4 hits 0 runs 0 earned 3 walks and 5 strikeouts.

Jake Moskowitz is the loser for the Cougars of Escondido as he pitched 7 innings gave up 8, 5 runs 4 earned 2 walks and 6 strikeouts.

Sage Creek will be on the road and will take on the Brawley Wildcats in a winner bracket game while Escondido will host Del Norte in a losers bracket game both will be on Friday, May 26, 2017