Rancho Bernardo defeats Mission Hills

Discussion in 'Black and Read' started by dawrestling, Oct 8, 2016.

1. dawrestling

dawrestling Infantry
    Expand Collapse

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer=Mission Hills High School-San Marcos, CA-The Rancho Bernardo High School improve their record to 6-0 and honored one of their late former assistant football coaches in Gary Stempson as they defeated the 4-2 Grizzlies of Mission Hills by a 34-20 score.

The Broncos jumped jumped out to a 7-0 lead on an Anthony Walsh's interception for 37 yards. The Grizzlies came back to tie the game at 7-7 as qb John Tuttle 17 completions out of 35 attempts for 285 yards threw a 8 yard pass to Sam Cooke.

The Broncos went ahead 14-7 on a Christian Lewis (7 completions out of 15 attempts for 108 yards) completed a 21 yard pass to Malcolm Ross Turner (8 receptions for 79 yards), the Grizzlies came back on 2 Eric Cavatano field goals of 40 and after Rancho Bernardo moved the ball on offense Mission View intercepted the field goal to go 14-13.

In the fourth quarter, the Broncos scored 2 more touchdowns by Kaelin Pistano of 1 and 25 yards to take a 27-13 lead.

Mission Hills last touchdown came as John Tuttle threw his second touchdown pass of 80 yards to Christian Esqueda (9 receptions for 71 yards).

Milan Grice (29 carries for 132 yards rushing. scored the final touchdown on an 8 yard run to make the final score Rancho Bernardo 34 Mission Hills 20.

Tristan McCoy Rancho Bernardo Head Football Coach: " I'm proud of our kids right now and we knew this was our big game that we circled on our schedule have prepared for them all year and performed well vs. Mission Hills."

"Coming into the game today as I have 2 injuries 1 to my starting qb and starting tackle we had to go as I challenged the kids how to think of a way to defeat Mission Hills which has an outstanding caliber program but I'm proud of how the way we played." said Coach McCoy.

"When we led 14-13 it was back and forth game as the offense did well but I am proud of our our defense on how we played and we got our first pick six points in the first period, we made some special teams goofs but we just had to play our game." "Milan Grice is a warrior, is physical and runs hard." "The late Gary Stenson who passed away of cancer last weekend is a true bronco he opened the school back when I played there he has coached the freshman team a super loyal Bronco fan."

The Broncos on Friday October 14th will host Vista at 7:00 pm while Mission Hills will host Lacosta Canyon on Friday kickoff is at 7:00 pm