Lexi Sun's 21 kills paces Santa Fe Christian in win over LaCosta Canyon

Discussion in 'Black and Read' started by dawrestling, Nov 14, 2016.

1. dawrestling

dawrestling Infantry
    Expand Collapse

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Cathedral Catholic High School-San Diego, CA-Saturday, November 12, 2016: 6'2" University of Texas bound Lexi Sun known for her leaping ability along with her 21 kills paced the Lady Eagles of Santa Fe Christian Academy at 30-7 to a 3 games to 0 win over the 2015 defending CIF sectional champion Lady Mavericks of LaCosta Canyon at 23-10.

Games scores were 25-23, 25-15 and 25-14

Lexi Sun on her 21 kills: " It was unreal as we worked so hard as a team all season and to put us where we wanted to be today and it paid off." "It was a fun first set 25-23 where that match was very important to get the win and the game went back and fourth a little and pulled through in the second and third games and got our momentum going along with shutting out their middle."

"Two years ago I committed to the University of Texas at Austin which to me was a dream come true I visited the night before and committed during my official visit and signed a couple of days ago." said Lexi Sun.

Lacosta Canyon performers:

Sophie Theriot 16 kills
    Hallie McConlogue 2 aces
    Camryn Machado 8 kills and 32 assists
    Jamie McQuarrie 12 kills
    Anna Visser 2 aces
    Bronte Zlomek 13 kills and 7 digs Receives the CIF Section Sportsmanship Award
    Morgan Lewis 5 kills
    Michelle Polechonski 4 kills

Santa Fe Christian performers:
    Emily Hubbard 11 kills Receives the CIF Section Sportsmanship Award
    Alea Fregoso 4 aces
    Camryn Tastad 11 digs
    Kathleen Philo 35 assists
    Lexi Son 21 kills

This is Santa Fe Christian's 5th CIF section title overall and both schools have qualified for the CIF State Tournament.